Summer Bites: Healthy and Delicious Fruit Salad Recipe!
One of the best and easiest ways to avoid aging is maintaining a well-balanced diet! Fruit salads are a fun way to combine all your favorite fruits and toppings into one delicious meal. Did you know blueberries are one of the top anti-aging foods? According to Dr. Axe, blueberries have been shown to delay aging and promote longevity, especially when it comes to slowing cellular damage in the brain due to age as well as protecting the brain’s memory-associated regions. Try out this Honey Lime Quinoa Fruit Salad and share with friends and family! This salad has those anti-aging blueberries and only takes 20 minutes to make!
• 1 cup uncooked quinoa
• 1½ cup strawberries, sliced
• 1 cup blackberries
• 1 cup blueberries
• 1 mango, diced
Honey Lime Glaze:
• ¼ cup honey
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 tablespoon chopped basil for garnish
1. Rinse and prepare the quinoa according to package. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
2. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, strawberries, blueberries, and mango.
3. To make the glaze: In a small bowl combine the honey and lime juice. Drizzle over the fruit salad and toss to coat. Garnish with fresh basil.
For more information, or to find more healthy recipes, click here!