Whenever the word diet comes up, many of us sigh and remember all of our “diets” we have tried that never seemed to stick. A diet itself can really help you loose weight and get into shape, however, succeeding at a diet is much easier said than done. Once of the main ways we fail at our diets, is the temptations that surround us. We are constantly surrounded by foods we shouldn’t be consuming, and then when we do consume them, we binge and feel twice as guilty. Fear not, there are ways to succeed at a diet, with preparation and creating spaces you can be successful in, you can stick to a diet.
Here are some tips for making a diet stick:
- Clean your house! Remove your house of all the bad foods and treats you’ll be tempted to cheat with. This will remove half the battle. Not having it readily available makes it easier to avoid bad foods.
- NEVER go to the grocery store on an empty stomach. This will equal impulse buying, as well as purchasing foods you would avoid if you were full.
- Always pack a cooler. Bring your own food wherever you are going. It may be annoying at first, but bringing your own food lessens the need to cheat when you are surrounded by bad food and are hungry.
- If you love going out to eat, look up the restaurant online and see if they offer a menu with calories shown on it. If not, look up the menu beforehand and plan your meal. This will help keep you from making a snap bad decision.
- Have small cheats if you must. Have a handful of dark chocolate covered berries or nuts, have a couple squares of plain dark chocolate, a small serving of sorbet, whatever you choose to cheat with, make sure it is small in portion size.
- Put a picture of your fitness inspiration. We aren’t talking about putting a picture of a Victoria’s Secret model on the wall, but someone you think has a healthy and fit body type.
- Most importantly, try not to compare your new food choices to your old habits. Don’t think you are eating worse than before in terms of taste, leave the old food in the past and embrace the newer and healthier version of you!
With these tips, a successful diet will be much easier for you so maintain- enjoy the newer and healthier version of yourself!