We know drinking lots of water each day can feel monotonous or seem like a chore. But, as we here at Age Management know, the more H2O we drink-the better we feel and look.
We have some great ways to spice up your regular water drink in easy, low-calorie ways, which may make you a little more eager to grab that water bottle!
- Sweet-Tart: Stir together 2 cups of pineapple chunks, 1 cup pitted and halved fresh cherries, and three cored and thinly sliced granny smith apples to 2 liters of water.
- Strawberry Basil Blast: Scrunch 8 fresh basil leaves to release their flavor. Combine them with 3 cups halved strawberries, and gently muddle with a wooden spoon or spatula in 2 liters of water.
- Apples and Cinnamon: Combine five cored and thinly sliced apples (your favorite variety) with five while cinnamon sticks in 2 liters of water.
- Slightly Spicy: Stir together two thinly sliced cucumbers and two seeded and sliced jalapeno peppers in 2 liters of water.
- Grape Melon Medley: Stir together 4 cups cantaloupe chinks and 2 cups halved grapes in 2 liters of water.
- Peach Pie: Gently crush two vanilla beans with a wooden spoon or spatula. Stir them in with six pitted and sliced peaches in 2 liters of water.
- Melon-Lime: Muddle three thinly sliced limes. Combine them with 4 cups honeydew melon chunks in 2 liters of water.
- Cherries Jubilee: Combine 2 cups pitted and halved fresh cherries, three thinly slices lemons, and two vanilla beans. Gently muddle with wooden spoon or spatula in 2 liters of water.
- Pear-fect Ginger: Stir together five cored and sliced pears and 10 thin sliced of fresh ginger in 2 liters of water.
10. Rosemary Refresher: Scrunch four rosemary sprigs to release their flavor. Combine them with 6 cups watermelon in 2 liters of water.
(Recipes adapted from Prevention.com)